Here at JRCS we have developed a set of core principles which we believe create good geographers and equip them with the skills required to be successful at any level of study. Every lesson you have will demonstrate at least one of the four GEOG principles.
|Examples of what the feature may look like in lesson|
· Have appreciation and respect for how others live.
· Use case studies from varying locations and scales.
· Watch and read high quality news sources.
· Think about how your actions have global consequences
· Using PETAL paragraphs effectively
· Support answers with accurate statistics
· Show both sides of the argument
· Be critical of the information you have been given
· Take into consideration a range of viewpoints and stakeholders
|O||Outside Classroom Learning||
· Take all fieldwork opportunities
· Visit places of Geographical interest
· Appreciate the Geography of the places you visit.
· Complete homework to the best of your ability
· Carry out extra research on topics you are studying
· Be able to draw a range of graphs accurately with the correct equipment
· Using TEA to describe patterns and distributions
· Use a range of sources to support your work
· Accurately use GIS, maps and atlases to describe locations
· Demonstrate excellent map skills