28 Feb Cycling to School
New rules relating to bicycles at JRCS
At Jo Richardson Community School we encourage students to improve their health and well-being by cycling to school, offering safe places within the school grounds to securely lock their bikes. To promote the health and well-being of all students we want to ensure that student cyclists follow some simple guidelines written below. This is in response to concerns raised by members of the local community, staff and students who walk outside of our school.
Guidelines for cycling whilst attending Jo Richardson Community School
- Students must register their bike with their Head of Year by collecting a letter from their form tutor and having the reply slip signed by them and their parent/carer.
- Students not to ride their bike whilst inside the school grounds.
- Students to lock their bike inside the school grounds.
- Students not to ride their bikes in the area directly outside of school.
- These areas are indicated in red as a ‘no cycle zone’. Students to push their bike over one of the zebra crossings on Gale Street or Goresbrook Road before being able to cycle.
Students failing to comply with the simple guidelines should expect to receive the following tiered response.
1st Offence – 1 hour HOY detention and banned from bringing their bike for one week.
2nd Offence – 2 hour SLT detention and banned from binging their bike for a half term.
3rd Offence – Student placed in LSU and banned from bring their bike for the rest of the year.
N.B. Further offences would be dealt with accordingly.
We thank you for your support with the simple measures above to address the safety of students and the positive reputation of the school.
Designated Safeguarding Lead for Jo Richardson Community School